Don’t worry, the rain will be gone by 4 p.m., so plan to come on out to enjoy a fun-filled evening in the hear of Old North St. Louis as we celebrate two great events:
From 4- 6 p.m., several metered parking spaces near the intersection of St. Louis Avenue & N. 14th Street will be temporarily converted to mini parks or community gathering spots as Old North celebrates PARK(ing) Day. This year marks the first time Old North will be participating in the annual, worldwide event where artists, designers, and citizens transform metered parking spots into temporary public parks. Parking spaces will be adopted and transformed for a few hours by Jamaica Ray, Ye Ole Haunt, La Mancha Coffeehouse, and the 14th Street Artist Community. The Divoll branch of St. Louis Public Library will also utilize a space for a banned books exhibit. Come on by to see how these spaces take shape!
Be sure to share your plans to attend by visiting the Old North PARK(ing) Day Facebook event page by clicking HERE.
The Post-Dispatch took note of Old North’s plans for PARK(ing) Day in their article on the various PARK(ing) Day events that will be taking place in St. Louis. That article can be found online at STL Today by clicking HERE.
RHCDA’s Pop-Up Street Party
From 5:30-10 p.m., the 2600 and 2700 blocks of N. 14th Street will be transformed into one big street party as our Crown Square development partners Regional Housing & Community Development Alliance (RHCDA) will put on what they’re calling their 1st annual Pop-Up Street Party. Highlights of the event will include:
- Happy Hour starting at 5:30 p.m.
- musical performance by Vote for Pedro (from 7-10 p.m.)
- local micro-brewery beers and wine-tasting
- street performers
- neighborhood business showcase
- a chance to win an iPod shuffle, and
- a special announcement about RHCDA’s new name & brand
The street party is free and open to the public, so help spread the word to all who might enjoy a fun evening in the heart of a great, historic neighborhood. Click HERE to visit RHCDA’s facebook event page for other updates and to post your plans to attend. For more information contact Larry Perlmutter at 314-333-7008 or email@example.com.
The photo above is courtesy of the Spaghetti Midwestern blog from the Vintage Street Market this past spring.
- POSTED IN
- 14th Street Mall, Art in Old North, Crown Candy Kitchen, Crown Square, Crown Square Businesses, Development Team, Historic rehabs, Interns, Life in ONSL, ONSL amenities, ONSL in the news, ONSL people, Old North Gallery (formerly known as Crown Village Gallery), Old North St. Louis Restoration Group, Parks and green spaces, RHCDA, Uncategorized, sustainability
- 1 Comment